Lips vary in shapes, sizes, color, fullness, literally everything. If you're reading this, you're probably thinking about changing your lips in appearance but like most, you're not sure what you should do. Here is a guide that gives you information about all things lips, and things that we, at The Lotus, can do for you to give you that perfect pout you've always wanted!
What is Lip Filler?
Lips fillers are usually a synthetic hyaluronic acid (a natural substance found in your body) that is injected into the lips to add volume, smooth wrinkles and/or fix asymmetry. Common fillers include Versa®, Juvederm®, Restylane®, Radiesse®, Volbella®.
How long does it last?
Fillers can last anywhere from 12-18 months, but of course it depends on you and your metabolism. Younger people and those who are extremely active tend to have a faster metabolism, thus the filler wears off faster in these cases.
Does it hurt?
Patients report that it feels like little pinches wherever product is injected. At The Lotus, we numb you before injection to keep the pain at a minimum, (we have the best numbing cream in the world!). We also have an energy facial massager that you can hold to your jaw to take your attention away from the needles.
"I don't want to look unnatural"
This is such a common fear regarding lip augmentation. At The Lotus, our injectors take extra care in the procedures you ask for in order to avoid this. If unnaturally large lips are what you're looking for, you've come to the wrong place.
We only want to enhance the beauty you already have; keeping the shape of your lips but adding a little volume/hydration. We typically start with half a syringe of filler each visit until we achieve the results you're looking for.
- Lasts 6-18 months, sometimes longer
- Treatment can be gradual
- We can dissolve your filler easily with an enzyme called Hylenex, should you not
like your results or if we run into a problem
- What's being injected is a natural substance found in your body
- The procedure stimulates collagen, create a natural, youthful appearance
- Bleeding from injection site (usually minimal)
- Swelling and bruising
- Irregular shape (this can be prevented or reversed if needed)
- Tenderness around area of injection
- Injection into a blood vessel (can be reversed)
Here is a few examples of what one of our injectors, Kelly, did using lip filler!
Have you ever pursed your lips and noticed the vertical lines on your top lip? These are commonly referred to as "smoker's lines," but mostly everyone will get them, even if you don't smoke (over pronunciation, drinking from a straw, etc).
A lip flip involves injecting a neuromodulator (Botox®, Jeuveau®, Dysport®, etc.) into the upper lip to encourage the lip to relax and "flip" outward. The end result is a more defined, fuller upper lip. This can be helpful for those with gummy smiles or thin lips.
This procedure can smooth out those pesky wrinkles, the only downside is that this treatment only lasts about 6-8 weeks because it uses only 4-6 units of tox. (See the post about Neurotoxins if you'd like to learn more). There's also a video on our Instagram and Tik Tok about Lip Flips if you'd like to see one.
- Smooths "smoker's lines"
- You will only need 4-6 units of tox which makes this a cost effective solution
- Gives your upper lip a fuller and more defined look without the use of filler
- Takes less than 5 minutes
- You're injected multiple times along your upper lip (don't worry, we have amazing
- Because you're only using a few units, it will only last 6-8 weeks
This is where the tox is injected for a lip flip (right on the upper lip line):
Lip Blushing is not an injection, but more like a tattoo on your lips to change the color, correct pigmentation, correct asymmetry, and it give the effect of fuller lips.
Here's how it works: if you have pigmentation, our Aesthetician will use a "neutralizer" to first correct the dark spots. This is usually an orange color because it brightens the dark spots before you get your new color. The next time you're seen you will customize your new lip and bada bing! Brand new lippies.
Lip Blushing is such a cool way to increase the vibrancy of your lips and can last anywhere from 2-4 years. No more lip stick needed!
- Lasts for a few years (semi-permanent)
- Fuller & Younger looking lips
- Enhanced lip symmetry
- Color correction for pigmentation
- Can customize the color of your lips
- If you don't like it, you can have it removed
- Lips will be swollen for a couple days (I mean, you're tattooing your lips)
- Have to use a healing ointment for at least a week
Here is an example of what our amazing Aesthetician, Erica, did for one of her clients:
To book text or call 210-774-2850 or click the button below